It's when all the scared rats are running away from the sinking market that the real entrepreneurs come in. The true visionaries.
It has been a year since I started watching Friday Night Lights. It all started with Netflix instant watch. Up until that point, I had never watched the famed movie under the same name that stars Billy Bob Thornton.
I still have not watched the movie. I have assumed it will pale in comparison to the extended television series I have come to know and anticipate every Friday. Not to mention that a part of the main appeal for me are the actors that embody their characters so effortlessly.
Each episode has a message but they do not always end happily. Small town life, football fanatics and broken families are the main themes. Problems arise and take many episodes to be resolved or not; instead slowly fading away into a pile of unanswerable.
At times a character drops in and out only to fade away again. For example, the paralyzed quarterback Jason Street who was last seen in season two was finally brought back into season three after four episodes of no mention. I am curious to see what the season has in store.
In a time when reality shows and formulaic comedies are in the forefront. This is a show that feels authentic, timeless and significant. Why not take the time to watch the series? They are all available to watch on Hulu.
Here is a clip from the most recent episode Every Rose Has Its Thorn. Tim Riggins delivers a quote he heard and convinces his friends to take a risk.
UPDATE (3/31/09)
The video I linked to before has been deleted. Season three episodes are only available for a limited time after the air date while season one and two are still available. One of the drawbacks of Hulu...expiration dates on current television shows.
It has been a year since I started watching Friday Night Lights. It all started with Netflix instant watch. Up until that point, I had never watched the famed movie under the same name that stars Billy Bob Thornton.
I still have not watched the movie. I have assumed it will pale in comparison to the extended television series I have come to know and anticipate every Friday. Not to mention that a part of the main appeal for me are the actors that embody their characters so effortlessly.
Each episode has a message but they do not always end happily. Small town life, football fanatics and broken families are the main themes. Problems arise and take many episodes to be resolved or not; instead slowly fading away into a pile of unanswerable.
At times a character drops in and out only to fade away again. For example, the paralyzed quarterback Jason Street who was last seen in season two was finally brought back into season three after four episodes of no mention. I am curious to see what the season has in store.
In a time when reality shows and formulaic comedies are in the forefront. This is a show that feels authentic, timeless and significant. Why not take the time to watch the series? They are all available to watch on Hulu.
Here is a clip from the most recent episode Every Rose Has Its Thorn. Tim Riggins delivers a quote he heard and convinces his friends to take a risk.
UPDATE (3/31/09)
The video I linked to before has been deleted. Season three episodes are only available for a limited time after the air date while season one and two are still available. One of the drawbacks of Hulu...expiration dates on current television shows.
Comments
reelartsy.blogspot.com