It is a new year and I have been considering a new blog. I have been playing around with WordPress to see if it is worth moving my blog to a new platform.
I would also like to narrow down my blog to a specific topic I can commit to writing about. After looking at various librarian blogs I see an abundance of blogs directed to book reviews which is not exactly what I want to do. Mainly because I think there is a proliferation of librarians who tackle the book review blog. Of course, I would like to occasionally write about a book I read, but I do not want that to be the main purpose of my blog. I tend to not follow librarian's who only blog book reviews.
Mostly, I just want to blog regularly, but it has been more of a hassle to write lately. The past few months have quickly passed and here we are in a new year. Much of my life at present is waiting for the next thing to happen.
I have been offered temporary work that starts in March. It is for a company I worked for in New Mexico before I started graduate school. It will be a nice change of pace for me. I applied for a local internship in digital preservation, but might have to pass it over if it conflicts with the temporary job.
I think I will start a new blog on WordPress with a specific theme/topic. I will also keep this one as a personal blog for the occasional book/ movie/ television show reviews.
For now, here are a few blogs I follow:
Just Bento
For the love of cooking
ljc fyi
Life learning: the third degree
Academic Librarian
Comments