It is late and I should be sleeping in the comfort of my bed, but I wanted to write this quick update.
This evening I went bowling and scored horribly. To make matters worse I wanted to make a good impression and showoff my bowling skills. My plans backfired and instead my average for the night was 81. How pathetic is that? So much for trying to impress.
I stayed up late this evening trying to finish various resumes and cover letters that need to be sent out this week for jobs I am applying for in NM and CO. An exciting and stressful process that leaves me wondering if I will ever be employed again. I tend to doubt my abilities and become annoyed with the formalities of employment. I began to understand why Edward Abbey knocked establishments and choose the life of a writer and a nature enthusiast. I greatly admire the man, but still I am afraid to let go and be ever so free as him.
I thought the next couple of months would be busy. Now I see this is how it will be for the next six months left of my contract. Amazing how the last six months will consist of double effort on my part to tie-up lose ends, make new connections. I have the same feelings of doubt, stress, frustration and hope that I felt in my last semester of graduate school. It is an exciting feeling to know change lies ahead. Yet, a frighting feeling to know change lies ahead. I am tired of constant change every two years. Change is inevitable, but it would be nice to just be situated in one place for more than two years. I look forward to what the future holds and hope to report great news about the next place I will soon call home.
This evening I went bowling and scored horribly. To make matters worse I wanted to make a good impression and showoff my bowling skills. My plans backfired and instead my average for the night was 81. How pathetic is that? So much for trying to impress.
I stayed up late this evening trying to finish various resumes and cover letters that need to be sent out this week for jobs I am applying for in NM and CO. An exciting and stressful process that leaves me wondering if I will ever be employed again. I tend to doubt my abilities and become annoyed with the formalities of employment. I began to understand why Edward Abbey knocked establishments and choose the life of a writer and a nature enthusiast. I greatly admire the man, but still I am afraid to let go and be ever so free as him.
I thought the next couple of months would be busy. Now I see this is how it will be for the next six months left of my contract. Amazing how the last six months will consist of double effort on my part to tie-up lose ends, make new connections. I have the same feelings of doubt, stress, frustration and hope that I felt in my last semester of graduate school. It is an exciting feeling to know change lies ahead. Yet, a frighting feeling to know change lies ahead. I am tired of constant change every two years. Change is inevitable, but it would be nice to just be situated in one place for more than two years. I look forward to what the future holds and hope to report great news about the next place I will soon call home.
Comments